18 July 2010

12-18 July <--- Not catchy but informational

I went to Harlingen, TX this week.  It's a small city right at the very bottom tip of Texas.  We met up there with another crew from our base.  They all wanted to go and eat at a sushi restaurant that they knew was there.  I don't eat sushi..., but since we don't have a sushi place in Del Rio I didn't want to disappoint everyone else.  I ate fried rice.  Oh well., better luck next time.  This week on my out and back flight I plan to stop at College Station, TX (home of the A&M Aggies) for soem Freebird's burritos.  I'm hungry just thinking about them.  Haha.
This week I had my first low level flight in a T-1.  A low level is flown at 500 feet above the ground.  It was awesome!  It took about 45 minutes total.  It was so cool watching the world go by fast right below our plane.  When we flew over roads and interstates I was wondering what the people in the cars were thinking.  I mean just imagine that you are driving on some desolate road way out in Nowhere, TX, then all of the sudden a jet comes buzzing over head at 500 feet.  WOAH!  Haha.  I bet people start getting paranoid that the government is watching them or something.  Like we caught them speeding or something. Haha.

Some friends of ours dog had surgery this week.  They asked Kristen to look after their dog while they were both at work for two days.  To say thank you to us they cooked us dinner and brought us out to a comedy show on Saturday night.  It was funny.  There was a comedian there wo is also a pilot here on base.  he might have been the funniest guy there. His name is Jeff Sarduy.  Click on this sentence to go to his website.

This week I have an out and back to College Station, and then a cross country/remain overnight flight on Wednesday.  I'll probably just stay around Texas to get as much done as possible.  I was going to try to make it to New Orleans, but I won't get as much training as I would if I'd just stay in Texas.

This coming weekend I have my mom and mama-Oddo coming to visit us.  It's going to be so much fun.  There's not much going on over here so I guess we'll just eat BBQ and Mexican food all weekend!

Oh, by the way..., lets just say a lot of people read this blog.  I have a blog patrol account which keeps track of who comes to visit and when.  I have about 20-50 hits a day.  This site is busiest on Monday and Wednesday.  It's pretty cool...., I mean I only have a limited number of family and friends who know about the site and read it.  The rest is just random people who have found the blog and continue to read it.  Sweet!

4 comments:

  1. have you done the low level formation flying yet?

    Check this thread out, another guy going through Tone training at Columbus.

    http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3054586/Searchpage/1/Main/296925/Words/Sim/Search/true/Re_Pilot_Training.html#Post3054586

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so cool! I am one of those people driving(fast) who thinks the planes above me are watching and clocking my speed! I look up at those planes and say..."I wonder what the pilot is thinking/doing?" All cool! Keep up the great work!
    Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. FLY TO NEW ORLEANS!!!! TRAIN LATER!!! WE MISS YOU! I'll bring you to Izzo's, Taco Bell, Copelands, and Lagers......think about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ripper 998, I checked out that dude's thread. He talks in a lot more pilot lingo on there. He has great photos. I might start posting a few more of mine. He's about two months ahead of me in training so I have not done any T-1 formation flying yet.

    ReplyDelete