06 May 2011

Missing my hubby, but keeping busy!


Well, happy Seis de Mayo!!  Plenty has happened since Coy blogged last.  I apologize for not blogging sooner, but I thought Coy would have plenty time on his hands, so I didn’t!!!  I’ll blog until he has time to do so…I hope that’s ok with everyone!! 



Coy left Louisiana on 30 April.  I think telling each other bye was the hardest thing I’ve/ we’ve ever had to do.  The crazy thing is, is we both knew a long time ago he would be deploying…so you’d think we would’ve been prepared for the emotional part of it…but we were both, naturally, really sad.  I’m fortunate to have had the opportunity to spend as much time as I did with him.  Many people in his class said goodbye to their spouses, children, and family members months ago when this new training began back in….I don’t know, December…?  I was able to fly to Seattle (Thanks Mrs. Dianne!), visit in Dover, drive to Atlanta, and drive to Mississippi.  I stayed in Atlanta for a very long time, and I practically moved into Coy’s room when he was in Mississippi.  Living only 3 hours away from where he was in Mississippi was a blessing!  And, I was able to spend even more time with him because his group, during training, took a while to complete the program (I’m sure he mentioned their issues in previous posts).   So him leaving was bitter sweet for me.  I was happy that he was finally deploying because the sooner he leaves the sooner he gets back!!  But it totally sucks all at the same time.  We’ve been together since high school and I think the longest we’ve ever been apart was 6 weeks when he was at ASBC…so this 6 – 9 months will be hard for us both, I’m sure.  Hopefully it’ll fly by!  The night he left La we were on the phone and Coy mentioned how people go through these same emotions everyday…Men and women are always deploying and leaving family members being…It’s tough, but somebody has to do it!  It’s crazy…I remember when Coy commissioned Col. Collins thanked me specifically for giving my husband to the military…I was so confused at the time.  I was thinking I’m not giving him to the military…I mean I’ll share…!  Hmph!  You know those kids who don’t really like to share??  But they do only because they have to?  Well, that’s the military!!!  They own Coy for at least 10 years…they share him with me sometimes!  Haha….and I’m totally ok with it.  I wouldn’t have our lives any other way.  No words can explain how proud I am of my husband and how happy I am to be a military spouse.  Knowing my hubby fights for our freedom is the best feeling in the world.  God bless our troops and their families!

I did hear from Coy on Tuesday…I was out with my sister-in-law Mia and I had a surprise phone call!!!  It was amazing hearing his voice and knowing he was on the other side of the world!  Got to love technology!  He is safe and doing well.  He said he’s been busy and it was really dusty where he was!!!  I’m not sure what I can or can’t say about his whereabouts, so I’d like to just let everyone know that he’s fine and he can fill in more details later if he wants!  I’ve been sending him daily emails and pictures of the things I’ve been doing…just so he’s not missing out on anything.  I don’t really get replies from him (understandable) but he has told me that he gets and loves the emails…so that makes me happy.   Just know that if you are emailing him and not getting any responses you’re not the only one!  He’s just a busy bee in the sandbox! 

Well, Osama Bin Laden is a history lesson…high five to our troops for that victory!!!  I tell you, news like that makes me so proud to be an American!!! 

If anyone is concerned about me, I’m doing fine.  I’m keeping busy with friends and family and there has not been a boring day for me yet.  I’m very thankful for my parents because right when Coy left they were planning things to do with me!  I’ve always loved that about them…they never let me just mope around!  I’m sure I will look for a job, but I haven’t yet.

Dallas is having so much fun at her maw-maw and paw-paw’s!!  She has 3 other dogs to play with…I’m not sure what she’s going to do when we move to DE!  We’ll have to get her a friend!!  I think she's been sensing my emotions or just me and Coy always coming and going and she's been licking her leg raw :(  I think its getting a little better, but it looks so nasty...I feel so bad for her!  Hopefully, now that I'm home for a while she'll leave it alone.  I brought 3 of them to the groomer on Wednesday…I normally bathe them myself (or my dad does), but they’re shedding their winter coat and needed a good brushing!



I did get an iPad 2 before Coy left...so I can bring it everywhere and Skype with him wherever I am...I don't want to ever miss him if he has an opportunity to contact me!!  He was so pumped up about it and then he left :(  I told him if we really don't Skype while I'm running around I'd ship it to him!!  I also bought a cheap little clock so I could set it to Coy's time where he is!!  Just so I know...I guess I'm a little crazy, but I'd like to look at it and say, he must be sleeping...or maybe he's eating lunch! haha  a little goofy, but I'm ok with that!  I'd like to look up at the moon sometimes and think that e're looking at the same moon or the same star, but when the moons out here the sun is out there...so the clock is all I have!   


My cousin, Hank made his confirmation last night…on Cinco de Mayo!  But don’t worry, the family went out for Mexican after and it was delicious!!!  We went to Case Garcia…I had a great time, but it was so different dining there without Mrs. Dianne…that is her stomping ground!  And I had two margaritas…one for me and one for Coy ; )



I hope everyone is enjoying this warm weather…I know I am.  I’m not a fan of the cold!!  Stay tuned in, I’m sure once Coy has time and a decent internet connection over there (he said its been terrible) he’ll post a blog.  If for some reason he doesn’t, I promise I’ll keep
everyone updated!! 

Thanks for reading!!
~Kristen

P.S. One of Coy’s Aunts sent out an email last week requesting friends and family to set aside a little time on Monday nights from 7-7:15PM to pray for Coy’s safety and success while he’s away.  I thought it was a great idea and so thoughtful!!  So, I’d like to extend the invite on our blog so all of our readers/followers can join the family if you wish in prayer during that time…no matter where you are or how much time you dedicate.  I’m sure he’d appreciate everyone’s thoughts and prayers.  

6 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    You did a great job blogging! I feeling like I am in the loop with this blog and I know what is going on with our friends Coy and Kristen. Please keep it up.
    Love Jen Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking up my slack baby. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update, keep up the good work Coy and we will hear from you when you get time. Your doing the heavy lifting now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post Kristen. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful expression of your love, Kristen! You two are so lucky to have what you have together! Treasure it! Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Kristen. I have been keeping up with news about you and Coy with Mr. Pete. I knew he had deployed. And you can feel good about all the people that will be praying for him and all our guys. But he will be number 1 in our thoughts, prayers and conversations. You did such a great job with this blog keeping everyone up to date. Please keep up the great reporting. About that clock I did the same thing when Vinny was in Korea. Only it was a watch with 2 time zones on the face. I know you are missing him and he is missing you and both of the families. You have a strong family to be there for you. And on Coy's side as well. And before you know it he will be coming home. Stay well and keep the news coming. And be confident that the Lord will be there for you and Coy.
    Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete