25 September 2011

P-14

Good week....
Me in front of some blown up tank (Russian?)
Well, on the 20th DATD was repealed.  It was a lot of anticipation for nothing.  There was no gay troops running around base with rainbow flags or anything crazy.  It was just a normal day as it should have been.  Some people were talking..., but just gossip sort of stuff.  The war is still going on.  No changes to report so that's good.  I'm proud to serve with anyone who signs on the same dotted line that I signed.  Black, brown, yellow, white, fat, skinny, gay, straight, Christian, Jewish or Muslim.... I don't care.  We all catch bullets the same way.  I was raised better than to treat people who are different than me different than I would treat anyone else.  Brothers in arms.
I also flew my 100th combat sortie this week.  I flew it with my commander.  Which is scary all in itself but I was up for it!  Good times!
My crew and I before a mission
And, this week I've had some really good flights!  Good as then I've been flying the exact missions that this plane is meant for and I've been trained for.  We say that we do three things here on the MC-12.... FIND-FIX-FINISH.  And this week I did all three a few times.  It feel good to brief a mission, execute it just as its drawn up, and land back at base an accomplished man!  Good times!
Jet noise in the morning......

My commander also gave me some news about going home.....kinda.  He basically told me it'll be sometime in November.  Haha.  That's about it.  We're expecting 7 new pilots to get here in October.  That'll bring me to P-7 by 31 Oct.  Then there is supposed to be 25 pilots getting here in November..... So, basically once the seventh one gets here they I'm free to leave.

As of today my tracker agrees and says that's I'll become P-0 on 12 November and be heading home soon after...!!!  Maybe so....I tell you what though....my completely made up tracker/guesser is working well (I think).
My buddy Vipul is on the far left
And the insanity begins.......!
Future throw up
Ready..........Ready.............Hack!
My buddy Vipul was involved in a crossfit competition this week and he asked me to tag along to take video and cheer him on.  Crossfit is a phenomenon that has swept the country planet.  Its where you basically use your own body weight to exercise with most of the time.  And the other time use crude weights (tires, boxes) to do other stuff.  And you work out really hard and really fast.  I've never done it yet.  But A LOT of people in the military are into it.
Anyway, this week my buddy Vipul decided to do a sponsored crossfit competition.  The contest was do a series of crossfit exercises and eat four donuts.  Do more exercises, then eat more donuts.  Then even more exercises.... then eat four more donuts!  haha.  And the first one finished wins, or loses depending on how you see it.  The competition was so funny!  I saw a lot of throw up.  Vipul stopped at 8 1/2 donuts.  He was about to puke.  Good times.  Good memories.

Oh...., I got a package from my mom and one from my Aunt Cathy.  Thanks yall!  I kept some and shared the rest.  It was all good stuff!  
Kristen put blush on Dallas this week......Oh geeez
Kristen has been staying VERY busy back at home with work.....damn girl slow down!  Haha.  I miss you and I love you baby!
My cousins supporting me with their own mustaches..... Haha!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on 100 combat sorties Coy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pics of you throwing up? Not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post...seems like you were the only bullet proof dude at the cross fit shindig! Thank goodness! Lol. I mis's you too!! Can't wait for your return. Stay safe!! I love you. xoxo
    ~Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My flight yesterday was 100% bulletproof (except for the intel chick who briefed us before our flight).... and no bullets even came close

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Coy - I can't believe you gave up eating donuts!! I'm sure that is one of the many things you will want to eat when you get home!!! Can't wait to hear about everything when you return. Continue to stay safe & we all miss you!!! SIMBA, NALA & SANDI CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU TOO!!! Denys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting closer and closer. A BIG CONGRATS on the 100th sortie. Definitely keep that stache going. When you get home let Kristen shave it off. Every little guarantee of you getting home helps. 100 sorties. You are a pro now.
    Stay safe and stay well. Dallas is a real poser for the camera. Must love being photographed.
    Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. what up P-14?!!!!!!! congrats on the 100!! That calls for a special treat in the mail...
    We love ya! - Mia & Matthew

    ReplyDelete