20 May 2012

Quick trip to D.C.

 Not too many changes on the house this week.  The plumbers finished up with all of their pre-drywall stuff and the A/C & heating people were in there at the end of the week.  They should be finished on Tuesday and then the electrician will be there starting on Wednesday. So the house is getting there..., just very slow.  I put a call into the entire food chain at my builders company and let them know that I am keeping daily tabs on what gets done in my house, and that I want it finished ASAP!  So we'll see where that gets me.

This past week has been some inprocessing in the squadron and stuff.  Not to much going on though.  I'm starting M differences school to tomorrow (Monday).  That should take about two weeks.  I think that it's two days of computer lessons, two days of classroom, four sims and two plane rides....... so we'll see about that also.
View from the restaurant in the outfield
Our seats
This weekend I went with 12 other pilots in my squadron to Washington D.C. for the night.  One guy is getting married in a few weeks and one guy is getting a divorce in a few, so we partied for them.  We drove up there (about a two hour drive with traffic) at 3:30 and checked into our hotel.  From there we took a few cabs to the baseball park where we watched the Washington Nationals lose to the Baltimore Orioles.  It's been a few years since I've been to a baseball game and I shouldn't wait so long in between games, it was fun!  Football is the best sport in America right now, but it's too cold during the season, soccer sucks, basketball is thugs and hockey is just Canada trying to get green cards.  Baseball may not be the most entertaining sport but it does have the best weather.  From the game we went out to a few bars.
This was really all I saw of D.C. in the daylight...
They made a heart cloud

There's FRED
A view from inside the cockpit looking out with the visor (nose) up.
KC-10 refueling plane
The F-22 has got eveyone's attention
AC-130 gunship.  I've worked with these dudes...., and they DO WORK



A T-1!
Most of the group woke up and went just west of Baltimore to watch the Preakness (second horse race in the triple crown), but a few of us decided to sleep in a little.  We woke up and ate breakfast at Le Madeline in Georgetown.  Georgetown is so pretty.  Then we drove to Andrews AFB in D.C. to watch an air show.  That air show is billed as the largest D.o.D. air show and IT IS!  There were so many planes on static display.  The Blue Angels were the feature act but there was a whole days worth of flying to watch.  I was there with two dudes who are just starting the journey I started almost two years ago (the MC-12 then C-5 thing).  So I made sure to check out the C-5 with them because they'd never been close to one yet.  The stairs to the cockpit were down but there was a Major guarding it so no one would go up.  I walked up to him and told him that I'm a C-5 pilot and that I'd like to go up.  He let us right up, it felt so cool.  I felt a little bad because now the Major had to fend off a small crowd that wanted to know why they're not allowed to go up there but we were..., haha.
Blue Angel #7 (the two seater "media jet")
By time the Blue Angels were starting their engines so were we.  We had had a long 24 hours and were exhausted, hungry, sun burnt and dehydrated.  We stopped at a Chik-fil-A on the way back and not much else was said.  I slept on my buddies floor as soon as I walked in the house for almost three hours.  Haha...., good times.
Guess who's plane did a few touch and go's at Dover this week?  Pretty damn cool huh?
Till next week...., see ya!

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting and informative...you and Kristen seem to have alot going on. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed! Keep plugging along! Stay strong! LOve you!
    Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the arial shot of your neighborhood!
    Love you, too! Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete