06 September 2010

Kristen left....started formation....Labor Day weekend

     Kristen left me.....!!!!!  She left last Tuesday morning to hang out in New Orleans for a few weeks.  Calm down, calm down.  I can take care of myself.  Besides, she left me with a list of food that he had prepared for me or stuff that I can prepare in minutes...... Haha.  Does she not think that I can take care of myself?
     She bought Dallas some doggles in New Orleans.  Dallas won't ever have to squint her eyes again when she goes on walks. Haha.
     I flew my first formation ride this week in the T-1.  It was pretty neat.  It's way different in the T-1 than the T-6.  I use autopilot now while in formation which is pretty funny.  We spent three hours in the MOA (Military Operating Area) doing form.  It was a LONG flight.  I have a total of four of those then I have four air drop flights and four low level flights......, and then...., I'm done.  Wahooooooo.....!  So I'm buckling down in the books till the end and finishing strong!
     On Friday I left with a few of my classmates to San Antonio.  We stopped at Big Lou's Pizza.  We were told that we have to go there.  The pizza was freakin' HUGE!  It was $90 for the pizza, but it fed twelve of us.  Good times.  If you're ever in san Antonio...., and hungry for pizza, Big Lou's it is.
     From there we went to a country western bar.  We stood out like a sore thumb.  Imagine eight clean cut military (non-cowboy) dudes strolling into a country western bar.....Haha.  It was awesome.  We got some drinks and headed to the dance floor of course.  We ended up having a great night filled with country dancing.
     The next morning we drove to Austin. We stopped at a mall and bought some western boots and then drove to the hotel.  Then we walked to Buffalo Wild Wings and watched some college football.  We watched a few games and then headed out to 6th street (LSU won!!!).
     This is a picture of a see through dance floor.

     6th street was crazy!  We went to the Iron Cactus for dinner (awesome), then we hit the clubs.  It's was funny hearing the theories of some of my friends.  They said that the college kids can't keep up with us when we walk in the bar.  We have jobs, health insurance, and money in the bank.  So once we walk in all the attention is on us.  Huh, I thought the attention was on us because we were pilots.  Haha (pilot joke).  Anyway, we did a crazy shot called a 'bear fight'.  It's a series of three shots in a row.  For all 11 of us to do it it costs $300!!!  Ridiculous!  It was fun though.  It's not something I'd do every weekend for sure. For a video click here.

     On Sunday we went to a non-denominational church called the Austin Stone.  It has been a while since I've been outside of a Catholic mass.  It was fun.  Then sometime in the afternoon we decided to drive back to Del Rio.......  Now I need to get back to studying and get ready for the week.  It ain't over till the fat lady sings (and she's warming up her voice right now).
     Kristen left me a list of food that I can quickly make. Haha.  I don't know if this is an insult or her just being extremely nice.  Does she not think that I know how to fend for myself?  Haha.  I love it!

4 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound like you miss the Mrs. too much !! By the sound of your first sentence,I would think that Kristen left you for good...not a good opening semntence....I love the big pizza though...GOOD LUCK with your flights MAMA ODDO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. I'm catching some slack for sounding like I don't miss Kristen on the blog (Not just from you Mama Oddo). Haha. I may not be all mushy on the blog but Kristen and I talk every day and night and she knows I miss her. Thanks for all the thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he misses her. He hangs up with me when she beeps in. see you in 6 weeks!!!!!

    ps: that is a large pizza

    WHO DAT?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you miss me coy ;) I love you & I'll see you soon!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    ~Your wife!!!

    ReplyDelete