12 June 2011

Doing the J-O-B

Even the locals are Saints fans!
Last weekend I went to the bazaar (it like a flea market type of thing).  The base invites the locals to come on base and sell their goods.  It's pretty cool.  I didn't buy anything this time because I didn't want to hold on to it for 5 months in my tent.  But I saw some good stuff there!
My buddy, Chris and me went to a climbing gym here.  Its pretty cool..., the Canadians hollowed out a conex box and made it into a rock climbing gym.  There's usually a few people there.  Some people are serious about climbing here.  They've even brought their own climbing shoes and personal chalk... Haha.  I usually fall down every 10 seconds so I'm not that serious.  And then of course we had to unwind with a cigar and near beer....
Here is a few photos of "stuff"  that good folks from the ol' U S of A sent us just this week......we get a lot of stuff here!!!

Other than that I've been flying...a lot. Which is a good thing.  I had three days off in a row and now I'm on my fourth day flying in a row.  I'm flying all night lines right now so that means I'm sleeping in the day time.....which is weird, and hot.  And I've also finally got in a workout routine which is awesome!  But I have been so tired.  My regular day has been wake up, workout, take bus to work, eat, fly, take bus home, shower, sleep, repeat.  I flew in bad weather twice this week here.  This plane gets TOSSED around in the air = no fun.  I had my barf bag out just in case a few times.  That sucked.....
Sunrise on my way home from work...pretty
I'm doing this blog in a hurry so it's probably not going to be as long as usual.

My high school 10 year reunion was two nights ago.  I missed it and that sucks.  It has been fun looking at the pictures online from it so see how everyone has changed and grown up!
 Kristen is doing great.  We Skype almost everyday.  I also sent her a patriotic cookie bouquet this week.

Ohhh. I was just talking to my mom on the phone and she reminded me that I didn't tell yall what my pilot number is now....it's P-42!!!   I'm a little closer to P-1 every few days!

5 comments:

  1. very cool! Thanks for the update! Love the P42!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your adventures, and I especially enjoying seeing all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures too!!!! They are my fav!

    and I think I'll make a chain link countdown from 42 to 1 in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that, more importantly, they're also Eagles fans. I'm definitely going to have to make a trip down there now.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should have taken down the Eagles banner just for the photo. Just kidding. :) P-42 is getting closer to P-1. Looking forward to you being on US soil again. Can't believe you are out of Rummel 10 years already. Keep up the great flying, day or night. I know you are going to make a great pilot. How is that weather working out for you??? And you just thought you were hot installing wooden fences back in the day for the Bottom of The Boot. Be safe and enjoy the ride.
    Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete