19 June 2011

Happy Fathers Day 2011!!!

 I have been flying A LOT!  And that's awesome!
I flew eight out of the last nine days.  And I got my first Air Medal (every 20combat sorties...I'm at 22 right now)! And I've flown almost 100 total combat hours also.....that's cool. And, Uncle jack, the weather DID get better.  It's crazy how beautiful the sunrise over desert and mountains can be.... but it is!
I flew three times with a Lt. Col. who has been around planes for a while.  He's an Air Force instructor pilot at the instructor pilot school and he's a United pilot also.  So I was pretty pumped up about flying and learning from him.  It was a good three days....I soaked it all in.

I just started getting into a regular gym routine which has me SORE!  I found a vet clinic on base for the service dogs that I can volunteer at on my days off so I'm excited about that.  It's not guaranteed that they'll have dogs there everyday but they told me just to come by and check.

I got a package from my godchild and cousin.  They sent me a "Swamp People" t-shirt which was pretty funny.  And I divided the large bag of roasted and salted almonds into smaller bags to eat during our flights.  And saying that let me share a little routine that we go though every flight.  It's called "halftime soda time".  Haha.  It's at the halfway point of our flight.  We make an announcement in the plane and pop open a cold soda to keep us alert.  It's a fun thing we do.  It's also usually the point where you snack during the flight.  So the almonds have been my snack the past few days.....
It's Fathers Day today so "Happy Fathers Day to all the daddys out there!  I sent mine a tech themed cookie bouquet...Haha.  It may be a little weird.....but....it's the thought that counts anyway....Haha.
Before
Before
This pas week Kristen went and picked up my old dresser from my moms house.  She has dreams and asperations of refinishing it.  And by that I mean sanding the whole thing and re-painting it!  That's a lot of work.  I told her..... but she's doing it anyway.  I think it's going to come out awesome!
During (stupid picture wouldn't turn right side up)
During
I still am P-42 this week.  Two more dudes, at least, are leaving this week so next blog I'll be lower.  Well, that's all for this week.  Till next week......
Dallas is so freakin cute (she lost her ball under the tool box)!

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny! I'm glad you're flying plenty!!! That's what you're there to do!! I love you!!
    ~Kristen
    And Dallas said happy father's day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the weather is better. I can only imagine what sunrise and sunset must look like reflecting off the sand box. Bet it is a pretty sight. You know it's funny hearing the muslims at prayer. I don't have a clue who they are praying to but with all the terrorism in the world I guess they are praying for more weapons and explosives. Glad to hear you are flying more these days. But I would still rather you fly here in the good old USA. The "doggie" clinic sounds like a good deal for you. I know that makes Kristen happy. And that cake was awsome. All daddy's toys in one batch. Great idea. Take care and stay safe.
    Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete