17 July 2011

Pilot #37

This is the front of one of my planes.  The symbols mean different things.  To be honest...., I've never asked so I don't know.  But I'm sure it's something cool.  Haha.

Not to much to report on this week.  I'm now P-37 instead of P-38 so I'm down one number......I'll be down 3 or so more in the near future....!
This week I was able to visit this marvelous airplane called the WB-57.  The Soviets shot down one of our U-2 spy planes while it was "flying" over their airspace back in the day.  We told them that a U-2 would never spy on them again...... So we kept our word......, and built a "U-2B" type of plane.  It's not the same plane so we kept our word! Haha.  Now NASA uses the only two left in existence as "weather birds".  They fly really high over here and check the "weather" and such.  NASA took off their logo from the tail while it's over here because that would just look bad.
The Weather Bird has HUGE wings and way over sized engines.  It reminds me of some of those bass boats with the over sized motors on the back.  When this thing takes off it GOES!
Kristen went to "Corks and Canvas" this week with Emily.  It's a class where you bring a bottle of wine and paint a picture.  Kristen painted our newest kitchen artwork.  She's good!
Kristen brought her car to Acura this week for a regular oil change and got that plus two new headlights out of the deal!  I'd like to say it were that easy but....., the old headlights were recalled.  They changed one and left the other one old.....Wha?!  Seriously!  They left one old one on there because it had a crack.  They wouldn't change their DEFECTIVE headlight because it had a crack.  Welllllll, it took a few days and a few phone calls up the "chain of command" at Acura, but she finally got her now well deserved new headlights fo' free!  I hate that sales game that dealerships like to play.
Kristen was so excited to go see Nikki Minaj and Britney Spears that she broke her iPhone.  Ha.  And......, she already was working with not an iPhone 4, not an iPhone 3GS, but an archaic iPhone 3G!  She's waiting two more months for the new iPhone to come out.  And now she has to wait two more months with a broken screen too!!!!  SUCKS! (should have had her $50 case on it)

Kristen had a great time at the concert.  Here's some pics from her time there.  Till next week......See ya'!
It's Britney Bitch!
Kristen and Courtney
Kristen and Courtney "singing"
My wifey is so hott!!!  And so is Courtney!
Dallas is watching the Bold and the Beautiful




5 comments:

  1. Yea for 37!!!!
    Look forward to your weekly blog so don't get any ideas about not writing. I hope to see Kristen today. We are getting together for Grannys 81st bday celebration. We will miss you! Not the same without you. Mia went over to Grannys this morning so she can learn how to make grannys meatballs....looks like we have the new generation of cooks! Yea! Mike and Evan drove to see the last shuttle launch on a whim....lats minute decision....something both of them had been wanting to see and they had a blast! And then....because they were soooo close...HAD to spend a day in Epcot! HA! Bailey went on a college tour this summer....trying to see where she will go....should be interesting! She liked Notre Dame....ok....right! Aunt Cindy and I are going to throw an engagement party for Mia and Matt in october...brought back some funny memories of yalls party.....miss you so muc and think of you often
    I love you!
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH #37! Getting closer. Keep up the good work. That "weather" bird looks like it can fly at extreme altitudes. But with satelites in space it may not be needed. Kristen is a good artist. Very nice painting. And I am not surprised about the Acura dealership. If they can save $1 they will try. The Britney concert looks like a sold out audience. Stay safe and stay well. Keep up the blogs. We love to read them.
    Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. COY BOY!! LOVE these posts!! Andrew and I have enjoyed trying to keep intouch with you via the blog :) He says you rock a BA stache!! We are thinking of putting together a "care" package for you...any thing inparticular you would like to request??

    Love you!
    Kristin Oddo...well Mahoney now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. SOOOOO....Jealous your wife got to go see Brittney!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog!!! I think for as long as I've had this phone, a cracked screen now isn't that bad!!! If I can recall, I'm pretty sure you cracked one shortly after you got it ;). And....mine still works...now what?!!!! My case is on now, however, if my phone dies it dies because I cannot charge it in the car with the case on!!! And, it's way too (2 O's) difficult to take on & off often. Oh well, couple more months...! And, Acura didn't change one headlight...they didn't change any because I didn't agree to pay for the cracked one. Thanks to my daddy o, and some common sense brought to the dealerships attention, I have 2 sparkling new headlights :).... Just wanted you to know what really happened :). I think that's all I wanted to comment on. Keep up the good work...I love you!!!

    P.S. That pic of Dallas is so funny!

    ~Kristen
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete