16 October 2011

P-10 tomorrow!

So one more week is down.
This photo looks almost exactly like where I fly at!  Pretty huh..?!
I feel like I've been counting down for too long.  Haha.  Maybe I should have started a little later.  But, oh well.  I think I have somewhere between 32 and 45 days left here as of today.  I am still P-11, but I'll be P-10 tomorrow!  I'm expecting to be P-9 by the next blog.  I'm starting to get really excited about going home though!

I've been flying with a few new pilot dudes here.  I'm just a co-pilot, but the new mission commanders that I fly with are taking my words as gospel!  It's so cool.  I love being the old salty experienced dude here.  It's fun.  And the weather is getting so nice.  It's a lot less dusty and the temperatures have been great.  So my daily "work" has been very pleasurable as of late.

Kristen attended a surprise birthday party last night for her real good friend Kim, who was also proposed to, and said yes at the party.  Kristen knew about it all and has been running around like crazy for the past few weeks helping put together the invites, decoration, food and presents.  It sounded like Kristen had a good time.

I got a ton of mail this week.  I got a package from Kristen, my Mom, my Dad and my Aunt Telle.  Thanks everyone for all of the sent love.  I shared some of them with the squadron and parts of them I kept.
This is a screen shot of me Skypeing with Dallas.
I don't have any pictures from what I've been doing.  So I'll have to try harder to take some for next week.

Late add..., I showed up to work today and there was two FINI flights yesterday!  I'm now P-9!!!  SINGLE DIGITS!!!!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you! Stay safe and strong. We all love you here!
    Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYYY!!! I'm excited for you and Kristen - we all miss you BUT we are getting excited you will be back in the USA soon. Stay safe and see you soon. WE LOVE YOU!!!! Denys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Lt. Single digit. Hopefully by Thanksgiving or maybe a little sooner. Dallas might love to get a piece of turkey from you.
    Hope to see you soon.
    Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete