09 October 2011

P-11

This blog is one day late because I had a LONG work day yesterday.  It was of the 14 hour type.  And I wasn't in the mood to try and get connected to the internet and wait for images to upload..., I wanted some sleep!

Well, another week is behind me here in The Sand Box.  I have been in country for 161 days now.  As I see it, I have about 40 days left here give or take 7 days), but that's just my guess so we'll see.
This week has been pretty nice.  The weather is getting colder.  The high today is 81.  Also, the rainy season is starting.  It hasn't rained on us yet (no, I haven't seen rain in over 5 months).  But now some clouds are starting to form on a daily basis, and not the puffy white ones. The greyish cumulonimbus variety...., the bad ones.  So we've been having our weather radar on lately and been dodging icing.  Which is pretty tough to do when you're supposed to stay in one area, haha. It can get challenging.
This is a dust storm rolling in from left to right (taken from high up)
 I've noticed something pretty cool over the past couple of weeks.  I have been being asked a lot of questions by the MC's (Mission Commanders..., AKA, highest ranking dude in the airplane) lately.  They trust me and I'm an now an "experienced" co-pilot over here.  I've kind of seen it all by this point.  Which is a pretty good feeling.
I know Kristen will like these!
Kristen pre-ordered the new iPhone 4S this week!  Yayyyy!  She NEEDS a new phone.  She's still rocking the iPhone 3G.  Not the 3GS and not the 4...., she's got the throw back!

I'm P-11 now!  It looks like one pilot may go home this week... Not to much else is going on over here.  I'm just in a good rhythm and count every day.  It's bad to do that but I'm getting really excited. Till next week... See ya!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Coy Boy, I love your digit !!!! Almost there is right AND good for you & all of us back home. You'll be #1 soon.... Well, you know you will always be #1 with all of us in NOLA..right? Stay safe....MAMA ODDO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bandaids!!!! I'm so ready for you to get home, but it'll be here before we know it. Stay safe and we love and miss you bunches!!!! And you're definitely my #1!! P.S. You forgot an o in "to"!!!! Haha I love you!
    ~Kristen & Dal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to you leaving the sand box.
    As I am sure you are too!! Yeah it's hard to leave some of the guys behind that you have made friends with but "home" is truly where its at. Kristen and Dallas and the rest of the family are getting anxious to see you. Stay safe and stay well.
    Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve that you are almost a single digit! Great counting down the days! Keep yourself safe and strong. Love you bunches! Can't wait to see you! Love, Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be home before you know it. You know I couldn't wait to be done with my 193 days and you'll soon get that chance to be with your beautiful wifey before you know it. Just do a great vacation before hitting back to work! Miss you guys! Tammie Pyne

    ReplyDelete