16 January 2012

Two months late...

OK..., it been a while!

Click on this link for a 5 minute video of my deployment..... it's pretty cool!

A lot has happened in the past almost two months with no blog.  I've came back from Afghanistan, passed a PT test, took leave, Christmas, New Years, visit family, visit friends, LSU ended season with disappointing loss, got to fly a Cessna around New Orleans, Saints end season with very close game.....  anyway...., a lot has happened.
This is the first land (US soil) I saw out of the plane window on 30 Nov 11 ..... I was so pumped up!

I'll try and make this blog as short as possible, but I'm sure that I could write a short story..., it'll be mostly pictures.
Bulletproof 
Not bulletproof
I shaved off the stache right after my last combat flight over there..., it felt so good to shave it off, it itched.
Waiting to leave Afghanistan in the passenger terminal in my "battle rattle" (body armor). We were checking if the groin protection really worked.
First alcohol in seven months...
Kristen waiting....
I missed Kristen.
First meal on U.S. soil..., Taco Bell
Dallas was happy to see me
Christmas 2011
We saw Kathy Griffin and had a backstage meet and greet
Out to eat with friends
After the Saints lost to the 49ers we took our frustrations out at Pat O's.  We were DRUNK.
Track day with Mr. Dennis
These go carts went 45mph!

Kristen and I went up together, just the two of us, for the first time. 
We took a city tour
Haha..., the plane we rented was really small!
So, Kristen and I are going to Boston for a little vacation.  Then we're going to Dover for a week and maybe buying a house.  And then we're heading to San Antonio for three months to learn to fly the mighty C-5 Galaxy!!!

I'll start back with the blog now on a regular basis (weekly).  Thanks for reading.

Oh, by the way, I changed the colors of the blog to match my new squadrons colors...

Till next time..., see ya!

3 comments:

  1. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE FLAG!! Great to see ya 'lil brother. Fly Safe, shoot & move! Semper Fidelis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you going to Boston? Look me up. Degnan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the blog is back!!!! Enjoyed it again, keep in up while in SAT and good luck training on the C5!!!!!! Love, Proud Mama

    ReplyDelete