22 April 2012

C-5B check ride week (well, the first part)!!!

This week I had my final computerized test.  I got a 98%.  Now all I have left to do is check ride and fly!  I take my sim check ride tomorrow morning (23 Apr).  I have been studying this stuff for a a few weeks now and I feel more than ready.  I didn't plan anything this weekend and have just been studying.  But now it's all starting to get to be too much so I have decided to just read through everything ONE more time...., and then I'm done.

Tomorrow I'll show up three hours before my sim to meet with my evaluator.  He'll ask me and my partner a bunch of questions.  That'll last about two hours.  Then we'll have an hour to get some food in us.  Then it's sim time.  We'll each fly in the right seat for two hours and then the left seat for two hours.  Ahhhhh.  It'll be a long day, but no big deal.  I feel as though the AF trains me well for stressful situations.  And I feel ready, so no biggie.
And yes, the glasses will be staying on (for the reception)!
My mess dress (the AF's formal attire) came in this week!  Which means that Mia's wedding is right around the corner!  I'm so excited for her and Matt. I had to try it on to see if it all fit.
On Saturday I was studying for a while outside because it was so pretty.  I decide to take a walk around some of the static displays of old planes around the base.  The weather was perfect!
Kristen with.., I'm guessing British sailors, they're not USA
Kristen went to see the Navy ships in port in New Orleans this weekend.  It's the Navy's 200th birthday this year.  The AF is only 64 years old....  The Navy brought in a few ships into the New Orleans port and scheduled an airshow featuring the Blue Angels.  The airshow didn't happen either day due to bad weather though.
A few FRED's early in the morning.  They're waiting for me.
Not to much else going on here.  I will fly FRED (nickname for the C-5: Freaking Ridiculous Economical Disaster) for the first time this week!  I hope to fly on Tuesday, but the latest on Wednesday.  All then all I have is four flights and then a airplane check ride....  And then I'm done with San Antonio!
She's so damn cute..., and spoiled!
Next week I'll have some good pictures I'm sure.  Till next week...!

No comments:

Post a Comment