06 December 2009

I don't feel so good

Well another week of pilot training is under my belt. 


This week I finished my first "block" of flights.  In order to do that I must fill in all the necessary "blocks" with passing grades on each maneuver.  Well.., I did that.  So, off to the next block.  I am only the second person in my flight to be on the second block of flights so I'm kinda treading in uncharted waters.


I passed another test this week also (Instruments I).  I didn't do as well as I wanted to with that test but a pass is a pass.  I also passed an emergency simulator ride with a grade of "Excellent", so I was pretty pumped up that day. 


I am only 6 flights away from my solo flight.  Seems kinda crazy.


OOooohh yeah..., this week at one point I was at 16,000 feet and flying at 297knots.  That's about 341mph!!!  Freakin' sweet!!!  I also pulled 4 G's which was fun.  To bad I don't want to fly fighters though.  Straight and level seems way better for me.


On the down side this week I have still been getting airsick (throwing up).  After my flight on Friday I was sent to the Barany chair.  It's a chair that just spins till you throw up.  On Friday I had three 10 minute spins.  On Saturday I had three more 10 minute spins.  And today I had one 10 minute spin and one two minute spin at twice the rpm's.  It sucked.  Lets just say since Friday I have thrown up nine times!  We'll see how tomorrow goes in the plane.  Trust me.., I'll try anything tomorrow to not throw up.


Last night Kristen and I went to our squadron Christmas party.  I was at the O-Club.  We thought that it was just a dinner.  Little did we know that there was all kinds of kooky games planned for us and great prizes to be given away (Nintendo Wii, 52" LCD HD Sony Bravia TV, all kinds of restaurant gift cards)!  I got picked for the first game which was a scavenger hunt/musical chairs sort of thing.  It was so funny seeing all of us running around like chickens with our heads cut off, dressed in semi-formal attire, and everyone just laughing at us.  I won two free buffet tickets to some Chinese restaurant for my troubles.  later in the night Kristen was randomly selected for one of the rather larger prizes.  She won two round trip tickets on Continental Airlines to Houston.  Thats a really good prize for her because if she ever wanted to go home real fast now all she has to do is buy a ticket from Houston to New Orleans!  Sweet!

2 comments:

  1. :) love the pictures. and prizes!!!! flight to houston is pretty phenominal!!! now whenever she really wants taco bell she can just fly an hour instead of driving an hour!
    hope the sickness gets better...will they let you take ANYTHING besides the ginger?
    good luck, see you soon!!!!!!!
    say prayers for me this week, i really need it. 3 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you decided against fighters?? Well what ever works best for you. And congrats to you and Kristen on your 1st year anniversary. Doesn't seem like a year already. Best of luck to you both.
    Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete