24 April 2010

 This has been my busiest flying week so far here.  I flew twice everyday except Wednesday, which I only flew once.  My whole flight is done with T-6s except for two of us.  I have my final checkride on Monday morning.  I can't wait.  I feel well prepared for it so I'm not nervous.  It's actually really sad.  I'll miss this plane.  It was awesome!  I mean..., I'm not sure if I'll ever fly a plane where I can fly inverted and pull 7 G's ever again.  It has been a really fun ride so far.
Tuesday at 1830 (6:30pm for you non-military type) is when I'll find out what plane I am going to next.  And if it is a T-1 or T-38 I'll start the very next day here on base.  If it's a T-44 or a UH-1 we'll have to move first and then start that training.  No matter what I get I'll be happy with it so no worries.
This is not me.
Today we had a party thrown by our class sponsors.  We have a liquor store as our sponsor as well as a few other businesses of none of which I can remember right now.  I mean come on..., the liquor store sponsor is the only one that really matters anyway.
 This is me.... not my hat though.
 This is a funny dude in my class.  He brought his Rambo belt....., and his MASSIVE earmuffs......., and of course his murdered out shotgun with an attatched flashlight.... Haha.!
Today they invited us to their ranch to shoot clay discs and then eat BBQ.  Kristen and I went there with Dallas.....but it was pretty boring.  Only one person could shoot at a time and there are like 30 of us, plus wives and girlfriends.  Kristen or I are not that big on guns so it didn't seem to appealing to "get in line".  But it was kinda cool watching others shoot.  Dallas was sooooo scared the whole time.  It was cute.  We were hungry but there was no sign of food around so we decided to leave and head over the the marina at the lake and tan.  We got a bag of Cheetos and a couple cans of Coke to hold us over. Haha.
 Can you see me in Kristen's sunglasses...?
 The lake was so awesome.  The water was still a little to cold to go for a comfortable dip and it was really windy there so we just sat out and tanned.....and of course took pictures.  Dallas was scared of the water at first.
PS. Kristen's dad let us use his old camera a couple of months ago.  And we just started to figure it out so these pictures are from that camera....it takes some clear pictures!
Oh.  Here is a link to a video of our peanut butter and duct tape prank on one of my flightmates from last week. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1bX8kuXI2A  .  We put peanut butter and duct tape around his wallet to teach him a lesson not to leave it out.  Haha.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on track select night! Hope you get what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures!!!
    Can't wait for Tuesday night at 630, I'm SURE i'll get a call/test promptly by 632...??!!! :)
    matt's disappointed you didn't try to shoot the gun!

    miss y'all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lt. Incaprera

    Congratulations on your passing grades. Your career is one to envy. We are very proud of your achievements and the manner that you care for our daughter and granddog. You have been a model son-in-law, even with some of the tendencies to re-invent the wheel, HA! We wouldn't trade you for anything, we've kinda grown attached to ya!

    We are looking forward to hearing news that you were given the flight plans that you had hoped for, good luck!

    Keep up the good work and remember, just keep those wheels greased and polished, there as round as they're going to get!

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judging by the picture posted above that use to be a T-6, you got the T-1 next.

    ReplyDelete