22 May 2010

I cooked steak!

 I cooked a steak for Kristen and chicken for me!  1st time ever!  For those who know me know that this is a BIG deal.  I didn't eat any of the steak but I did eat the chicken. And Kristen said the steak was good!
Our base got a new commander this week and there was all kinds of extra planes parked on the ramp to come and watch the ceremony!  I had to take a picture of one of the rows of planes.  There were three full rows!
Well..., our dollar rides got pushed back a few days.......It sucks..., I haven't flown now in a few weeks!!! I thought that this was supposed to be pilot training!  Our new dollar ride date is for 28 May.  But on 28 May not all of my class are going to get our dollar rides.  They don't have enough IPs.  So some of us are going to have to wait until after the Memorial Day weekend.  Geeesssh.   That sucks.
I've taken five tests now for T-1s and my average score is a 97%.  That sounds good but most people in my class have a 99%!  Darn!  I have a fairly hard test this Tuesday and if I do well and others suck it up then I can catch up with them.  That's what I'm banking on.
I had two simulator rides this week.  I got an excellent on both of those.  That just sounds good but it really doesn't mean much.But the sim rides are a lot of fun though!!!  The TONE is a BEAST!!!  This week I learned how to fly and land the plane with just one engine working.  That was challenging at first.
Kristen and I are driving to San Antonio this weekend to buy running shoes for me.  I need them.  Not only because my old ones are worn out but because whenever I get new running shoes I usually start running a lot again.  Haha.
All these pictures are either from the sim or a plane that they let us look around....nothing exciting yet.


Click on this sentence to see that Dallas was a bad girl when we left her home alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment