06 June 2010

Memorial Day weekend

Just like in T-6's.....I am in front of the class again.  Not in grades......but in flights.  I am the one who will make all of the errors first and others will learn from my mistakes... haha.  I get cut a little slack because of that though, so it's OK.  I flew to a few cool places this week.  Dyess AFB, TX, Fort Hood,TX,  and Midland, TX twice.
Last weekend the in-laws came in town!  Its always nice to have visitors.  And its especially nice for Kristen to have her parents here for a few days.

Kristen's parents got here on Thursday night....the night before my dollar ride, and they left the following Wednesday.  It was really nice to see familiar faces again.  I had so much to talk about when I came home on Friday night after my dollar ride.  I was so pumped up!  Then we went to a drop night that night also.  I love showing my family and friends a drop night.  They are so much fun to go to.  Kristen's parents seemed to like it.

On Saturday I got Mr. Dennis to help me fix my broken lawnmower.  I have to be honest....I didn't think that he could fix it.  But he did! What a hero!  He saved me some $.  And he had a great idea of  "borrowing" tools from Home Depot.  Haha.  We went to Emporium for shakes and then came back home to BBQ.
On Sunday we went on the lake.  It was fun.  Mr. Dennis is an avid boater and a former water skier....haha.  He showed me a little of the ropes on the water. Poor Mrs. Denys just tried to not get too seasick the whole time.  My friend Brandon back in New Orleans sent up an ice chest radio with the in-laws.  It was awesome out on the boat!  You can see the ice chest on the boat in the picture.  It is LOUD!
 Our main focus out there I think was water skiing.  Mr. Dennis got up on the first try. Click on the numbers 1,2 and 3 for a few videos of him skiing.  he was good.  He even kicked off one ski and just skied on one ski for a while.
Click on the numbers 1 and 2 to see Kristen get up on the first try.
I never got up on 12 tries!!!! Hahahahahha........It was so frustrating.  There is no videos associated with this.....sorry...., it was be to boring.
We went to a small island and had our own private beach for a little while.  Mr. Dennis bought some snorkeling gear so him and I went to see some fish.  It was very uneventful.... we just saw the bottom of the lake.
After the lake we drove halfway across the dam to check out the Mexican border.
On Monday Mr. Dennis BBQ'd again.  This time he made shish-kabobs.  They were a hit.  They had steak, chicken, shrimp and Mahi-Mahi on them. My neighbor's are asking me when he's coming back already.  Haha.
I started out the week kinda rough.  On Tuesday I had a big day. First I had a flight, I got an Excellent, then from there I went straight to an EPQ (weekly quiz), where I hooked it.  Booooooo.  Then straight from there I went to a systems test, I passed it!  They brought me some Hubig's pies from new Orleans to cheer me up!

So Tuesday night was the in-laws last night here and I was not in a good mood.  Sometimes you think that you have a handle on everything, but you really don't.  I'm just trying to drink from the firehose right now......
I took this picture of me about to eat a Swiss Roll while riding in the back of the plane......I love the T-1.

1 comment:

  1. Coy - I didn't know you were counting how many times you tried to ski...(we weren't telling anyone...LOL)! I was doing pretty good with the sea sickness until we had to keep turning around (12 times).....HAHAHA!!!
    LUV YA!!! Mother-in-law

    ReplyDelete