09 January 2011

Im in Atlanta!

I did a lot of moving around the country in the past week.
View of New Orleans just after takeoff while turning north over Lake Pontchartrain
I started in New Orleans then from there I went to Baltimore, MD, Dover, DE, Washington D.C., Charlotte, NC and now finally Atlanta, GA.
Back in Delaware!!!
Yes..., there is an Amish community close to the base.
I left New Orleans on 6 Jan (Kristen's birthday) and flew back to Baltimore, MD.  From there I drove back to Dover, DE to get a few things from storage and check back in with my unit.  From there I drove to Washington D.C. and spent the night.  I had intentions of visiting a few of the sights in DC the next morning when I woke up..., but..., sleep felt so much better the next morning when I woke up so I just stayed in bed a while longer.
I love Holiday Inn Expresses
View from my seat while watching the Bayou Bengals win.
From there I drove down to Charlotte, NC for the night.  I watched the LSU spank Texas A&M at the hotel bar.....it was awesome!
Atlanta is HUGE!!!
This was my view while watching the Saints choke.
This guy fell asleep at the bar while watching the Saints.  To funny!
 The next morning I drove to Atlanta.  I checked in my hotel and watched the Saints game....... that sucked.  Oh well, we still have the newest shiniest Superbowl rings and no team can take that from us (yet).

I start my King Air 350ER training tomorrow.  TGhe first week is just classroom stuff and then the next week and a half is all simulators.  Needless to say I'm am prepared to be killed by powerpoint this week....ughh

Kristen might be driving up here to visit me next weekend!!! Yay!!!

Oh..., update....., it's snowing here in Atlanta.....the whole city is practically shut down.  Cars are stopped on the roads (and people just leave them there).  Haha.  The freakin' snow just follows me around the country!

1 comment: