20 August 2011

Kristen....I miss you!

First off I didn't get to show yall enough pictures from the red dress run last week since Kristen didn't get back home before I published the blog.... So I owe yall some pictures.  She said that they had a great time.  It looks like a lot of fun!I love my wife.
Kristen Randi and Courtney
Razoo's....throwin' down (check out where's Waldo bikini dude)
Maybe my favorite
Girly man..... don't ask, don't tell, that's our policy
Looks like these old feet are tired, haha.
Can beer, classy Kristen, real classy.  I thought I taught you better. And no coozie to top it off!
One size fits 'most'
As you can see.  There is red dresses of ll types, or at least they stretch to fit all types.  Haha.  There was black white, male, female, old, young, fat and skinny there.  As long as you had on a red dress....., you fit in.  And enjoying the taste of alcohol probably helped that day also.  If I'm able to..., next year I'll be there in a red dress too!
Beautiful desert sunrise.  Seriously, it's pretty!
This week I flew half of the time, and worked as a scheduler and off the other half.  It was non eventful week otherwise.  This coming week I hope to fly more.  Although all of our support personnel is being replaced this week, including the main scheduler, to I may be tasked to help out a day or two soon with that shenanigans.  And that being said, I'm sure we'll have a bunch of other stuff going on around our squadron that we're not used to because of all the turnover.  They say 'flexibility is the key to air power', so I guess we'll see (wow!  I can't believe I really said that...., I must be really drinking the AF Kool-Aid over here).  Haha.
It's Warfighter Recommended, Tested and Approved!
They (the almighty U.S. Air Force) used to pay us $XX.xx per meal we missed out here because we were flying.  That totaled a lot of money at the end of our deployment!  Well, some penny pincher must have got word of it and has cracked down.  We don't get our missed meals money anymore but instead we can take MRE's with us in the plane.  Haha, MRE's, I thought that was for Marines or something!  MRE's really aren't that bad except we can't use the heating elements in the plane!!!!  So the main course is most of the time dry, and always cold.  The AF always has to take the fun out of everything.  I usually don't eat much before flying or during since we have no bathrooms in the plane (we have 'piddle packs' which, as you can guess, is for #1's, but no joy for #2's on the plane, although some have tried).  I took an MRE one day this week on the plane with me but just ate the M&M's, bread and cheese, in that order, so I don't feel like wasting tax payer money anymore.  I'd rather go hungry from now on.........

BTW, you Katrina folks still holdin on to your 2005 MRE's need to catch up.  There's a whole new menu out there and they're pretty darn good! 2011 MRE's are the balls!
View from outside

Chips and dip!!!

Combat BBQ

BBQ under a parachute with luau decorations....no beer! FAIL.

Someone's family sent them Julios chips!  Awesome!
Our squadron had a BBQ today.  That was so cool to have a BBQ while we're in combat..... seriously...I wonder if they did that in Vietnam?  I took a kite, frisbee and a football out there.  All toys sent to me by yall back at home.  it was fun to do that stuff here....good times.  I don't have any pictures of me playing with anything though...darn!

This week Kristen was on a cruise.  I couldn't talk to her! This time our roles were reversed.  Usually, I'm the one who she can't get in touch with (when I'm doing my various military things).  So I've never really been in the position of not being able to call her when I want......it sucked!  She's coming home today though!  She'll be connected again to the network, and I can call her anytime.  it's crazy how much we (me) rely on technology these days.  I always just expect to be able to pick up the phone and hear a voice on the other end.  And recently, if we lose internet connection out here in the desert for a few hours all havoc breaks loose.  It's quite funny.  Imagine where we'll be in the future......  But to get back to the subject..., I MISS KRISTEN!!!!!
I wanted to do a vlog this week but I never got to it.  What's a vlog you ask?  It's a video blog of course.  Maybe I'll do it next week.  It'll be "fun".   Haha.  I ws going to start one when I was walking but it never happened.....here's a clip of me walking around though.....haha.
 I'm starting to get real excited about going to FRED (the C-5 nickname)!!!  She's a BEAST!

Ohhh, I almost forgot, I'm P-24 this week!  My calculations this week have me getting back home at 190 days deployed..., that's 8 Nov.  Of course 'my calculations' mean nothing!  People over here tell me that'll never happen (they think it will be sooner, which could be bad because I want to stay at least 181!!!), but really no one knows!  Till next week........

I LOVE YOU KRISTEN!!!

3 comments:

  1. WE LOVE YOU COY !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too Coy. Vacation was not the same without you :(. I had no one to plan for me :) haha. What did you mean by the 2011 MRE's are the balls? Is the term balls the new synonym for awesome? I tell ya, I learn something new everyday!!! In that case, I had a balls time on the cruise!! But I REALLY wish you were with me...that would've been balls!!!! Haha I'm laughing at myself right now!!! I'm so balls!! Oh well, enough of that!! It does suck when we can't get in touch with each other when we want...but, I guess some communication is better than none. I'm definitely ready for you to be home, but really home you get your 181 days. Fingers are crossed!! I think you'll be back before we know it!!! Keep up the balls blogs!!! I love reading them :). And I totally get my humor from you ;). I miss you lots!!! Stay safe.
    ~Kristen
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED LOVED LOVED finally getting to talk to you!!! phone tag (one-sided) was no fun! have a good week buddy! ps: haven't heard anything about more medals lately....you know your extra job while you are over there!!! better get on it.

    ReplyDelete