15 August 2011

P-26!

So, I'm down to P-26 this week.  It's a good thing.  Some people and nuances out here are starting to wear on me.  I'm usually very posative so for me to say this means it's starting to suck.  Haha.  I'll be alright though.  I think I can just see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm sure everyone gets like this, in a funk, sooner or later.  Most people here I think get into the funk sooner!  Haha.  This will last for a few days and then I'll be over it.
The new and trimmed stache.... The haircut people did it...It'll grow back in no time
Part of the reason for my funk is because I got a little under the weather this week.  I went into the clinic over here to weigh myself.  And I also asked them to check my name to see if I'm due for any shorts while I was there.......What do ya know, I was.  Damn!  I'm an idiot!  So I got another anthrax and hepatitis shot.  They really didn't hurt, although people always complain about the anthrax one.  I was doing just fine that afternoon/evening. But the next morning....., I felt like crap!  It felt like my immune system took a hit.  I was really wear for a few days and I just couldn't sleep enough.  But,  I'm back to 100% now!  Gotta love the military.  I'm pretty sure that I've been shot up with more shit over the past few years than was really needed.  I probably glow at nighttime. Haha.

One day this week while I was in the MWR tent a band walked in.  It was awesome.  They are the Air Force band assigned to this area of the world.  They just travel around to differnt bases everyday and play to increase morale.  And it did!!!  They were awesome!  They had no wires, all acoustic...., and they sounded really good.  They played 'Don't Stop Beleivin' by Journey and everyone got into it.  There's no video of it..., because I was getting into it.
Nigerian dude, Zeus and me!
I saw a presentation of some drug/explosive dogs this week.  They are so awesome!  All they want to do in life is smell stuff to find their toys (drugs/explosives).  And they are all just so happy to be doing what they are doing.  It was really fun watching them.  We got to take pictures with them and pet them.  But to be honest, if you didn't have their toy....., they weren't interested in you at all. I was even calling them by name and they would point their ears at me for a second but if I didn't have a toy to give them...., forget about it.  They were awesome!
Dan, Me, Julian and Vipul.......good times!
After the dog presentation my buddies and I went to a few different DFACs (dining facilities) that we wouldn't usually go to.  We had our squadrons truck, which is rare and awesome to have a personal vehicle on base, so we took full advantage of it.  We drove to the two farthest DFACs to eat.  Yes, two.  You don't take having a vehicle lightly, so you have to maximize your time......and we did.
You think that's a 4Runner...? Nope, it's a Hilux Surf.  Every vehicle here has different names
I had a few extra hours before the dog exhibition so I offered to help get our squadrons mail.  We have to drive to the mail room to pick it up.  This was my second time doing it.......THERE WAS SOOOO MUCH MAIL.  We have 200+ people in our squadron but geeeez.  I got some stuff in there so it's all good.  It's a bad feeling when you see the whole mail room filled to the top and there's nothing for you..... Everyone checks a few times a day just to make sure you didn't miss anything.  It's funny.
I got a package from my sister this week with toys.... Funny stuff!  And some pilot's foot creme.  Speaking of that, I thought that it was gone....., so I slacked off taking care of it...., and it came back.  I saw the doctor and he said that I'd probably have it till I get back to the U.S. of A. Damn you sandbox!  I also got a package from my Aunt Cindy.  It had some snacks and a whole bunch of water flavorings!!!!  It was awesome!  Thanks Mia and Aunt Cindy.

By my calculations (that just sounds funny reading that) I'll be done here on 9 November, that's 191 days total....., which is GREAT!  I need 181 days total.  So thats a good thing.  This is absolutely no guarantee, but it is a pretty good guess at this point.  I'll update the blog every week on this subject.
These are not ruby slippers..., they're "running shoes"
Kristen 'ran' in the Red Dress Run today.  I don't have many updates on it yet because I think she was incapacitated at the time I was going to talk to her..., haha.  But basically the RDR is a run that you have to wear a red dress to.  Male or female, you wear a red dress.  And it's basically a big drinking fest afterwards.  It looks like a blast! 
The final product..HOTTIE! Uhmm, Kristen, you're blocking the gate.
Happy Birthday Mr. Bill, no last names on here but you know who you are.

Happy Anniversary to Mr. Dennis and Mrs. Denys this week!

Happy Birthday to Brooke/Diva!!!
Cutest.........Dog...........Ever
Kristen will be on a cruise this week.  Have fun baby!

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! Love the pictures! Hang in there with those shots man. I can't even imagine the hit your immune system took! Sorry I haven't gotten a box together yet but I will I promise. Love you lots! And think and pray for you daily!
    Love,
    Aunt Cathy...and the rest of the Flynns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P-26 and counting, downward! Hope you make it home in November and that nothing happens to prevent that TRIP HOME for you. Sorry to hear that your pilot's foot returned. Seems like the medical staff over there could do something for you. Vinny never got it so I can't get any info or quick fixes for you. His bases except for basic training were all in cold countries in the world. But he did spend a little time in one part of the sand box. But not a long tour. Those dog vids are somethin. Talk about being trained well and having "doggie" noses. What a crew. But oh so necessary. Glad the "band" stopped by. Thats always a great moment. The US Military misses the old USO shows with Bob Hope. What a guy. Kristen looked so cute in her red dress. I heard it was a blast. Something else you can catch up on when you get home. I have a picture in my head of the 2 of you in red dresses together. And Dallas, talk about having the world by the tail. She plays and sleeps and eats. I think she sleeps more than anything. Take very good care of yourself and stay safe. And for everyone else lets keep the monday night prayer session going for the Lt. We all want him home.
    Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey baby!!! nice post!!! you def need to post more rdr pics!!! i miss talking to you :) i love you!!! p.s....spell check!!!
    ~kristen
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete