11 March 2012

Back to Del Rio

Everyone's doing this nowadays.  I read that it can be done  because of the alignment of the planets or something..., but that just sounds weird to me.  I tried it out in Wal-Mart and it works!
I had just one sim last week and one test.  It was my first test in the program.  I'll have a total of three tests, one ground eval and two checkrides before I'm a qualified C-5 co-pilot.  So..., the first one was 148 questions.  I got a 98%.  It was stressful and took a few hours.  I'm glad its over with because I was stressing about it all week.  This next week I have four sims!  And I am now into the "cool" sims where they are in full motion.  So far our sims have had the motion turned off, but from now on they'll be rocking and rolling.  The C-5 is a BEAST!

OK..., here's a video of a C-5B Galaxy taking off (it's 2 minutes long).  This is what I'm training to do.  Just do this all over the world delivering beans and bullets!  I can't wait.

I had a pretty good weekend.
Driving to the edge of nowhere (Del Rio, TX)
On Friday I drove to Del Rio to hang out with a buddy of mine in pilot training over there. It was sort of a crappy drive up there, besides being a three hour drive with no civilization, I found out that someone stole my debit card number!  Bastard.  They only spent $43.00, but it's just aggravating.  Once I found that out I had to call and report it to the company, Experian credit score company, who charged my checking account, and then I had to call and cancel my debit card.  They canceled my card and told me that my new card would be getting to me in 7-10 business days.  7-10 days!  Holy crap!  What an inconvenience.  I hate people for doing this sort of stuff.
Being back at Laughlin was fun for me.  It brought back a lot of memories that Kristen and I made over there.  The party was a whole lot of fun.  Someone called Shiner beer and got them to donate six kegs.  Then someone else made a refrigerator full of jelly shots.  It was a complete sausage fest but it was a lot of fun catching up with my buddy.  I also saw a dude that I was deployed with, so we got to catch up to.
Here's an old pic of our house in Del Rio when we lived there
And here it is as of this weekend....sad.....
The next morning, Saturday was a rough one.  It felt like the movie "The Hangover".  I woke up on the floor in my friends room, cold, still in my clothes from the night before.  I had my cell phone right next to me so I turned that on so I had a light to see what I was doing.  I packed my backpack and got ready to leave. My head was POUNDING!  Wow, I drank way too much.  And that's when I realized another problem..., I couldn't find my military ID.  This is bad.  When I left the night before since it was all on base and we were just going to walk I took just my cell phone and mil ID.  How could I have lost that?  There was no reason for me to take that out the entire night so it's a mystery to me.  My three hour drive back to San Antonio I felt like a different man.  I had no debit card or mil ID...., two staples of my everyday life, haha. It was a rough 24 hours.
Then yesterday my classmates called me up for some dinner.  We went and ate at some nice restaurant here in town, went next door to a cigar shop and bought a few.  From there we went to a place called Twin Peaks for a few beers and to smoke our cigars.  This place is pretty cool.  Think Hooters, with better food.  It was a good night.
Dallas checking out her new toy that we got from the safari
Kristen left to go back to New Orleans on Tuesday. She has had a busy last few days.  She went to two different wedding functions on Saturday alone!  We talk a few times a day everyday so we're doing well.  She left me with about a week and a half of food here so I'm not starving yet.  By the next blog I'll have to learn how to cook or something I guess...
Laundry!

1 comment:

  1. Always great reading your blogs. Techno can keep everyone informed. Sorry about your debit card and the mil. ID. Losing that is almost as bad as not having a uniform or bdu to put on. Hope all is well on those issues. And the video of the "beast" taking off reminded me of my trip to Korea. All types of aircraft there. But when you heard that very distinct roar of engines you knew it could only be one kind of bird about to take off. It's like the sound of a Harley cycle. When you hear one you know immediately what it is. You sound well and life is good. Stay well and safe. Looking forward to seeing you. Uncle Jack

    ReplyDelete