25 March 2012

Bad weather, great weather

The weather over here started off pretty crazy this week.  Our Monday and Tuesday are just erie!  Dark clouds, windy, rain, hail...., it was crazy.  That same storm found it's way to New Olreans a few days later also.  But now the weather is back to beautiful.  Perfect temps, no clouds, light breeze..., I can get used to this....
This week was filled with sims....  I feel like I'm really starting to get a hang of this airplane.  It's a joy to fly.  He's so powerful!  And yes, the C-5 is a he, not a she.  His name is FRED.  F.R.E.D. stands for Freaking Ridiculous Economical Disaster..., which he is, but awesome at the same time.
This week I have just two sim days, two computer days and one walk around the plane day!  <--- I can't wait for this day.  I've only been next to the actual airplane once so far.

I went out to eat this week with an old ROTC buddy of mine.  He was based in Germany for his first two years in and did some pretty cool "secret squirrel" stuff for the war and unknown wars.  He couldn't tell me too much, but it was still cool.  Now he's in San Antonio and he's bored..., haha.  Anyway, while we were eating lunch this lady came up to our table.  She extended her hand over my food and I kinda looked at her weird.  Then I saw that she wanted to shake my hand.  I extended my hand and shook hers.  She had a coin in her hand that she passed me.
Now, in the military coins are collectable.  Every squadron has a coin.  You can trade it with others whenever you do something cool or whatever.  A lot of high ranking people have their own personalized coin.  And those are really cool to get.  You also have to always have a coin on you, and I always do.
So, this lady passed us a coin that she purchased herself.  That was pretty darn cool way of saying thank you.  I mean, those coins are anywhere from $5-10 no doubt!  Anyway, I see some people put their hand on their heart when I pass in my uniform, some shake my hand, some say thank you but I've never had someone give me a coin...., that was pretty cool for sure.
Mia had her bridal luncheon yesterday and having her bridal shower today.  So Mia's wedding festivities are in full swing right now.  Just five weeks left till her big day.  I'm excited and I know she is too.  I just got these pictures off of Facebook, so I couldn't tell y'all too much about it.
You can tell Dallas REALLY wants to take this picture.., haha.
Next weekend I'm hoping to drive back to New Orleans and pick up my bride!  Our plan is for her to come back here and vista me for about 10 days.  That'll be really nice.  In saying that, next week's blog will probably be one day late (Monday) because I'll be getting back late on Sunday night.
True true


1 comment:

  1. Hey man! Love you! Enjoyed seeing your wife and sister saturday. Can't wait to see you too! I know the days apart can get old but soon yall will be together and all yall's hard work will pay off. I am so proud of you! Keep up the hard work.
    I love you!
    Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete