08 November 2009

1 year already...?!

Today is our 1st year anniversary!!!  Wow.  That flew by.

What is this a year anniversary of you ask..?  Is it LSU losing to Alabama for Nick Saban's homecoming? Welll..., yes.  But I was actually referring to Kristen and I being married!!!!!!!!  Yaaayy!!!!


It's been a GREAT year and many more to come.  That's what this website is named after "Into the wild blue yonder".  It's our journey into/through life together.  A year from now who knows where we'll be... Maybe a C-130, bomber, helicopter, special ops, fighter......  The future is uncertain, but I am not afraid.  With Kristen at my side I know all things are achievable, and all things will end up OK.


Last night we went to "The Herald".  It looks like the most contemporary restaurant here.  And we heard a few good things about it so we went.  The setting was nice.., but the food was just... so so.  Oh well.  great company right!?  We also ate our year old cake topper.  Kristen didn't think that it tasted good.., but I liked it!

Thanks to everyone who sent cards and/or called to wish us a happy 1st anniversary.


My mom sent us a paper star lamp. We didn't know it but 'paper' is what we were supposed to get each other on our first anniversary.  Thanks mom.  It's already hung up over Kristen's make-up desk.


This is just Dallas thinking she is a cat.  Or wishing she had a cat in her mouth..... one of those two for sure.

iPhone pics of the base as I was getting off of work.  It looked so much prettier in person.  I ride my bike to work in the dark.  And then I ride my bike back home usually in the dark.  12 hour days suck.

So this week I had sim rides on everyday but Tuesday.  Sims are fun though.  Think of them as a four million dollar video game that the government lets us play with.  Freekin' sweet!  I also passed my test this week!  Just two more tests to go before I start flying.  Speaking of that.... 19 Nov is my first day on the flight line!!!  I am so excited but at the same time nervous.  I feel like my brain is crammed with all of this material and I'm not sure if I can just spit it out as fast as I'm supposed to just yet.  I'm sure it will come. 


I just wanted to update on how our yard is looking.  It looks 100% better than when we first got here!


A few weekends ago we added this "patio" in the back  It took A LOT of work.  Wheew.  We also added a small fence to keep Dallas out of our little mud pit the we have going in the back (she still gets back there sometimes).

3 comments:

  1. Since you didn't know 1st was paper...here's a little something to get you through 2014.

    1st Wedding Anniversary
    Paper, Clocks

    2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Cotton, China

    3rd Wedding Anniversary
    Leather, Crystal

    4th Wedding Anniversary
    Fruit or Flowers,linen, Appliances

    5th Wedding Anniversary
    Wood, Silverware

    see yall in 1 month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following the blog and couldn't figure out how to post comments. Thanks to your mom for giving up the info.

    Happy Anniversary!! How time passes so quickly. Looks like you guys are having a great time.

    We miss you!!

    Aunt Charlet

    ReplyDelete