15 November 2009

Livin' on the edge of nowhere

This week I just had one test!! Hooraay!!!  I passed it also.  Another Hoorraayyy!  Haha.


We had off on Wednesday for Veterans Day.  It was my first Veterans Day as an "official" military member.  It made me have just a little more thought into why we were off that day and why it was a holiday.  Thanks to all those who came before me.


This is one of our classrooms.  I will be in the "A" flight (Aces).  So I re arranged  the tables in there to make an "A".  And..., I didn't even get in trouble. 


Applebee's had a special that day also.  They were letting veterans eat free on Veterans Day!  It was freekin' sweet!  Kristen and I went there early (like 1115am) and it was already packed!  Haha.  It was really nice of them though and a strong business move if you ask me (oriental chicken roll-up is the best thing on the menu there).  Thanks Applebee's!


These are pics of me posing next to the Air Force recruiting SUV.  Apparently they were hungry for some free Applebee's too.

Every pilot training class here at Laughlin has their own personalized patch that you are allowed to wear on your shoulder after your whole class solos in the airplane.  i was put in charge of our classes patch.  On Friday we voted out of 30 designs on a winner.  And here it is:


Its going to be tweaked a little bit before we send it off to be made.... but this is basically it.  Its a knock off of the movie "Hot Shots".  We kinda have a class song that keeps repeating the words "shot, shot, shot, shot"...., so the patch kinda fits.  For those that don't know, patches are kind of a big deal in the flying world.  A lot of times pilots and aircrews trade them.  So I'll be buying a lot of these to give a way and trade.


On Saturday we went to the DRDF air show.  That's the Del Rio Dirt Fliers (an RC airplane club).  It was kinda fun, and very HOT!  They had a bunch of different types of planes there.  A few of the other guys from my class came as well.  Good times.  Then Saturday night our class had a get together for food and a UFC fight.  The house we went to had two dogs so Kristen was entertained all night.



This week is the week I've been waiting for.  I have my final test (very hard) on Tuesday and then on Wednesday we hit the flight line.  Which means I'll be flying.  And from Wednesday on...., I'll be pretty much flying every day of the week for the next 11 months!  Wow.


Wish me luck and say some prayers.

1 comment: