01 November 2009

Halloween week

First off....Go SAINTS!!!!!

This week I had to bounce back from my disappointing 84% test grade from last week.  This week I had two opportunities to do so.  Monday I had a test on Systems 2, then Thursday I had a Aerodynamics test.  The aero test we were told was one of the harder tests here.


I smashed them both with a 95%!!  Booyah! (That's a picture of my study cubicle.  I pretty much just highlight all the pages yellow so it looks like I'm doing something.  I spend a lot of time in here).


Wednesday I had my first "real"/graded sim ride. I got a "Good" on it.  Which I'll take. especially since I didn't study for it at all.  Haha.  Sometimes over here you have to choose and prioritize.  And for me on Tuesday night.... I still had to worry about that "hard" aero test.  Oh well..., one more week done with.  Just 51 weeks left to go!


This week I have one sim on Monday, one sim on Tuesday, one test on Wednesday (Flying Fundamentals), and I think one more sim on Friday.  Good times good times.


This was Halloween weekend!


Kristen carved a ghost pumpkin and I carved a T-6A Texan II...the plane I'll be flying starting 19 Nov!



Usually Kristen and I would go out in New Orleans with some of her dance team friends.  They would be dressed all sexy and I would be one of the only guys there.  But now things have changed..... last night we sat at our house and handed out candy from 6-830 (1800-2030hrs for you military type), and then we went to a party here on base.  Out of my class of 33 students, 7 of us are married.  And only a few of them were either in town, came to the party, or even like to party.  So needless to say.., at almost every party here on base the ratio of guys to girls is somewhere around 10 to 1. Haha.  It was.......different than what we are used to on Halloween.  The girls costumes were on the conservative side.


Kristen was a ladybug.  Dallas was the wicked witch of the Westbank (New Orleans people understand that one).  And I was Billy Mays.



On our short drive back to the house we saw deer again.  Yes again.  Earlier this week we let Dallas (our dog) outside to go to the bathroom just before going to bed. And she started barking at something through the fence.  We thought that it was probably a skunk (there's a lot of those here on base)..., but it wasn't.... it was 8 deer.  8 bucks.  With big antlers!  It was crazy..., just outside our backyard fence.  So when we saw some more of them last night we took some pictures (I highlighted them in this picture because our camera sucks).  Crazy.


There is also a new video that I posted on Youtube of our house and pumpkins on Halloween night.  It is on the right side of this page...,, just click on it and the video will pop up.  Well., till next week......

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, you did a good job on your 1st pumpkin!!! Coy, your pumpkins are always unique! We missed ya'll at Halloween.....We only had "2 Oak Avenue" girls this year for a photo! WE LOVE YA'LL & SEE YA'LL SOON...... MOM & DAD

    ReplyDelete