27 September 2009

Mom came to visit!









My mom and Bill got to Del Rio midday Friday. I usually have NOTHING to do here. But as luck would have it..., that day I did. So we quickly went and ate lunch together at the restaurant under the control tower here (that place has great views of the planes). Then at 1pm I had to go to my meeting. It was my first meeting with my class! My flight class has 33 people in it right now. And.., there are a total of nine wives! So now Kristen has an opportunity to get to know some other wives. Yaaay!

On Friday night we went to a drop night here on base. I think that my mom found it amusing and enjoyed it. We left the O-Club and went eat dinner at a good BBQ place around here.

On Saturday we took my mom and Bill on the grand tour around Del Rio..... it took 20 minutes. We showed them the "town", and the lake. We came back to the house and decided to take Dallas for a walk. We ended up walking for about an hour and a half! Dallas was pooped! We went and ate lunch at our favorite local authentic Mexican restaurant, Ponchos. Then we BBQ'd that night for dinner.

It was a lot of fun hanging out with my mom. I missed her and I know she missed me.

It's nice to have visitors so anyone who wants to visit..., hit me up.

2 comments:

  1. cute picture! enjoy your last few days before you are in it for good!!!! miss you! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete