03 October 2009

Pilot training is here!!!













Last weekend a friend, Whit, that I met at ASBC was at training in San Antonio and came down to Del Rio for the weekend for some fun. We rented a boat at Lake Amistad for the first time. It was awesome!!! We rented a ski boat. It came with life jackets and skis or a wake board. We choose the wake board. I never got up on it, but Whit did. I cut my big toe on the propeller. All in all pretty good for me considering that I have a total of 0 time as the PIC (pilot in charge) of a boat. Haha.

This week was filled with anxiety for the first day of pilot training. We oficially started on Friday. But we had a meeting on Wednesday and then we had a physical, again, on Thursday. I did well on it..., but they are always scary. I have 33 people in my class. During the physical 2 of them found out that they need glasses... what? How could we have all taken this same exact physical like 4 times now..., and all of the sudden these 2 need glasses? Whatever. I should just count my blessings that I an healthy.

I could hardly go to sleep on Thursday night. I have been studying for weeks getting prepared for this first day. I was expecting to get "yelled at" and told how difficult this will be for us. The old "look at the person to the right, now look to the person to the left, one of those two will not be here in a year", but none of that! It was a LONG boring day filled with briefings. And a short lunch. Oh well, I guess next week is when they'll turn it on for us. By the way, we took a quiz..., I never got my grade back..., but I KNOW..., I got 100% correct.

We had a little unwinding last night. We had our first class party. It was a mexican and cowboy themed party. But we didn't dress up for it. It was a blast. We got to know a lot of the guys in my class, and Kristen was able to meet some of the wives too.

It looks like its on now! Lots of studying, learning, and fun ahead of us in the future...

2 comments:

  1. love the post!!!! and pictures! can't believe you two didn't dress up for a themed party?!?!!! so unlike you! good luck this week coyboy! 9 weeks left this semester then hopefully I can visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Coy Boy,Time to cut your toe nails...Only I can tell you that! Glad You & Kristen are having some fun. Keep studying & keep the pictures coming. Love you both, Mama Oddo

    ReplyDelete