25 October 2009

Rough week.... 3 of 55



This week was full of highs and lows.


The low of the week was me failing my first test here at pilot training.  I got an 83% on a test and a passing grade is 85%.  Sooo...... I had a retake the next morning with all new questions and I got a 97%.  Dammit man......  Why couldn't I do that in the first place.  I was bummed out for a while because of that.


The next day after that we got a "tour of the plane that we will be flying.  IT IS AWESOME!!!


On Saturday we had to come to work.  It was kind of like a "career day".  A bunch of different airplanes flew in and their pilots were there trying to "sell" their planes/jobs on all of us.  We got to see just one of them fly though (a C-17).  That plane is HUGE! Its hard to believe that there is a bigger plane than that one in our inventory (C-5 Galaxy).  The coolest plane there was planes from our special ops guys.  I wanna go special ops.  Their mission is so cool!  Their planes aren't supersonic, they are not "invisible", they aren't what you would think of when you think of a military aircraft.  But it's the mission that sells me on the planes!



Anyway.  It was a nice day because wives were invited to check out the planes and the missions.  Its good that the Air Force includes wives/spouses in stuff like that.  It's important to include Kristen in all of my decisions because they really are OUR decisions.  And the plane that I get to fly ultimately will dictate where we will live in the world, and my deployment schedule.  Ahhhhhhghh..... AF life is fun.


Last night we also had our OGtoberfest.  It's like Octoberfest, except the OG (Ops Group commander) threw/put it on....hence.... OG-toberfest. $20 for all the German food you can eat and five drink tickets (I had 11 Haha).  They had a DJ and a polka band there.  My class, 11-01, had a great time!


We brought Dallas also.  She might look scared in the picture....., but she had a great time.

1 comment:

  1. thank goodness i don't have to 85% on every test....keep studying!!!!!! doing so good!

    ReplyDelete